Flyer mailing can be a used as a successful marketing tool to reach a specific demographic. By using neighborhood tracking software, businesses can ensure their flyers are being sent to those the messaging is trying to pull in. These targeting systems will help businesses choose from a variety of demographic features such as age, sex, family status, income, known associations, and more. Being able to target consumers from their doorstep is an important strategy to compliment with a strong online presence. In deciding the desired target market, businesses can look at focusing on previous customers, or reaching out to a new group using a specialized advertisement.
Below are some tips that marketers use with flyer mailing:
- Make the messaging useful. If readers do not see any benefit in continuing to read the flyer, they will dispose of it.
- Include a proposition so the reader will have to act on it either by coming into the store, or through an online purchase.
- Depending on the product, businesses can include a sample.
- Add a customer testimonial or small quote to demonstrate trustworthiness.
- Tailor content to the specific consumer that will be reading the flyer.
- Use easy to read font and colours so the reader doesn’t have any trouble understanding the message.